WordPress is a a popular publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. If you want to get it up and running on a USB stick using Server2Go then read on [see previous post about Server2Go].
- Download the latest version in this case 2.6.3
- Extract the files to your USB stick under the htdocs directory i.e. \server2go_a2\htdocs
- You should now have a directory structure which looks like server2go_a2\htdocs\wordpress
- You can now follow the instruction on the wordpress site, but they should go like this:
- Rename the wp-config-sample.php file to wp-config.php
- Open wp-config.php in your favorite text editor (Notepad) and edit the top few lines so they look this:
- Yes username is root and the password is blank.
- I am using the existing database, but you could create a new one.
- try the URL http://localhost:4001/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php and see what happens....
- Well you are on your own now!!!!